For those unfamiliar with the process of pre-ordering a product online, it can be unclear what exactly the term “pre-order” means. As such, I’ve decided to write out this little blurb to clarify any uncertainty one might have about what pre-ordering is, and how it works.
Essentially, pre-ordering a product means that you are reserving it in advance, before it is officially released and stocked— or sometimes, before it is restocked. This can be a great option for customers who are eager to get their hands on a particular product, or who want to ensure that they don't miss out on popular and/or limited edition items.
If you are interested in pre-ordering a product, here are a few things you’ll want to know:
- Pre-orders typically have a set period of time during which they are available. In the case of the Hiroko collaboration, pre-orders will be open for one month— from today until April 15th, 2023. Make sure to place your order before that deadline if you want to take advantage of the pre-order option.
- When you place a pre-order, you are not charged immediately. Instead, your payment method will be authorized for the full amount of the order, but the actual charge will not go through until the product is ready to ship.
- The Purple Dot pre-order app is used to manage the pre-orders for this particular launch. This app allows me to keep track of pre-orders, ensure that inventory is available to fulfill them, and communicate with customers about the status of their pre-orders.
- Pre-ordering a product does not guarantee that you will receive it on a specific date. My estimate shipping date for the Hiroko collab items is May 15th, but there may be some delays along the way. I will always do my best to estimate when the product will be available and when it will ship, and notify you if anything changes. If you have questions about the expected release or shipping date, don't hesitate to reach out to me.
- Finally, keep in mind that pre-ordering a product is a commitment to purchase it. Once you place your pre-order, you will be charged when item production begins (Estimated to be April 15th, 2023), even if you change your mind in the meantime.
Pre-orders are cancellable until the pre-order end date of April 15th. Please make sure that you are confident in your decision before placing a pre-order.
Overall, pre-ordering can be a great way to ensure that you don't miss out on that gorgeous product that you just need to have. With the Purple Dot pre-order app, the process is smooth and easy for both customers and myself. If you have any other questions about pre-ordering, don't hesitate to reach out to me via customer support.